Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dual Award: The Golden Globes of Gypsy Gal Goodness








(Sarah plays music from 'Gypsy Gal,' Audio Rocketry's [a local band] upcoming sophomore album)

Sarah: I really like these guys!

David: Me too.

Sarah: Normally when local student bands send me stuff, it's really shitty, but this...

David: Yeah, I know what you mean.

Sarah: And I normally hate folk-celtic stuff, but...

David: It's like they're having fun!

Sarah: Exactly!

David: I LOVE fun!

...

David: When's their CD release party?

Sarah: March 5.

David: That's a Friday.

Sarah: You want to go?

David: Yeah! Hey, we could write a concert blog entry for the newspaper!

Sarah: And it could be a conversation!

David: Like our blog!

Sarah: DONE! OK, I've officially pencilled it in on my calendar. No backing out now or you'll break my heart.

David: Wait, what if I have a hot date that night?

Sarah: Then you're bringing them along. It's official, I love these guys now.

David: But —

Sarah: NO BUTS.

...

Sarah: Yeah. I'm in love. They have a stupid name, but I don't care. I want these guys. I want to date them. All at once.

David: This is sudden.

Sarah: Don't care.

David: What if they already have girlfriends?

Sarah: DOESN'T MATTER. I WILL MAKE THIS WORK. I WILL HAVE NINETY-FIVE BOYFRIENDS HA HA HA LA LA LA.

David: Have you ever noticed that when we have a conversation at 1 a.m., it ends up being really weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment