Friday, January 8, 2010

The Meritous Medal for Metaphorical Musings


(from the chat)

Sarah
Why is life sucky?

David
Just a hundred little things all weighing me down.

Sarah
I do not discount the bum-out power of the little things.
Care to share a few? school? life? boys?

David
Yeah, all of those.

Sarah
I hear ya.

David
Drama class scheduling issues. Had to drop a show. Roommate is back. Desk is messy. No life plan.
Also, I'm hungry.

Sarah
Well, your roomie is a hermit and I'll clean your desk.
Life plans. those…I dunno.
I get bent out of shape about that all the time and lately I'm just not letting myself.

David
I'm trying that, but... I wanna figure out where I'm going in life. Even if it's just short-term.

Sarah
Life is like a box of chocolates.
Some of it is really awesome,

David
Some of it is nuts,

Sarah
And some of it is like, digustingly gross.

David
And if you try everything, you get fat and bad skin.

Sarah
EITHER WAY, you gotta finish the box somehow.
And if you don’t want to get fat and have bad skin, you go through it slowly

David
Though there's always another layer beneath.

Sarah
I'm GETTING to the other layer, haha.

David
Heh. I’ll wait.

Sarah
You don't wanna rush through it, is the point.

David
Yeah. But you don't want to just... stop moving.

Sarah
And when you finish one part (aka the top layer) the second part will still be somewhat surprising
And once you start that box, you can't regift it.
So even if it sucks, try to enjoy it.
Even a little.

David
Sarah rocks at metaphors.
I thus award you the Meritous Medal for Metaphorical Musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment